Monday, May 9

A Beautiful Glow

I am loving the new fabric I scored for the master bedroom transformation. A little DIY lamp shade and one I'm one step closer to pulling the room together. You can check out the thrifty fresh painted lamps (here). I've been planning to place them our bedside tables I'm eager for the Hubby to start tackling. The progress has finally kicked into gear. One light finished, one to go.

Covering the shade



You could just whip out your hot glue gun for the trick as seen above or grab some fabric glue to attach the seams together


I made small incisions to allow the fabric to fold easier


Continue to pull the fabric around the shade


Cut off the excess fabric


Dress it up with a Little ribbon and let the light party begin :o)






3 comments:

Erin Holton said...

these are adorable! make me some :)

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Hi Brooke! Welcome to blogging!

You did a wonderful job creating something simple, yet elegant! I've always wanted to try my hand at covering lampshades.....but I'm a chicken! :)

I'm your newest follower.

HeyDayLiving said...

I have never had luck with recovering lamp shades. I might have to try it now, with your tutorial! :)